Yellow's Green

The Adventures of Money Blog.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Review - Smart Couples Finish Rich

"Smart Couples Finish Rich" by David Bach was the starter book for us.
Erik's mom convinced him to read it, and then he convinced me.

I thought it was ok, and certainly important stuff to think about. I was unimpressed by the title, as I typically am with most financial books that make it sound like all you should care about is getting rich ("and this book tells you how").

Generally, I would recommend it. It's full of good advice. What I didn't like about it was David Bach's "I'm going to tell you something amazing that you've never heard before" tone. In fact, it was almost all stuff I'd heard before. (Esp. "Don't buy designer Lattes.")

Click here for Bach's "Finish Rich" website.

2 Comments:

  • At 4/20/2006 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is nothing wrong with wanting to be rich. You make it sound like it's evil to want money.
    Do you think it's bad to be wealthy? Just curious.

     
  • At 4/20/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Amberlynn said…

    Nope, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be rich. Though, I do think there is something wrong with being so focused on your Number that you don't allow yourself fun in the present. I'll talk more about the "wanting to be rich" concept when I review "Rich Dad Poor Dad."
    P.S. I *really* don't like anonymous comments... you can still sign a name to your post even if you don't have a Blogger display name.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home