Yellow's Green

The Adventures of Money Blog.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Paying for College

As of today, I'm happy with my choice to start contributing to a 529 college savings plan. I've read a few posts on financial blogs lately about the topic of paying for kids college. The author of I Will Teach You To Be Rich posted his thoughts about it today. J.D. at Get Rich Slowly also posted recently. I've posted as I tried to make the choice.

The reason I'm so happy with my choice is this:
It's tax-advantages savings that I have control over. Sure, it may go to Jasper's college expenses. But maybe it won't. The good part is I can start saving today, but I don't have to decide about where the money goes yet. If we decide that our kids have to pay their own way, we'll have money set aside to use for our own future education, a possible retirement education fund.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home