Yellow's Green

The Adventures of Money Blog.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Investing in My Own Ideas

It may not cost as much as I originally thought it would to invest in publishing my picture book. I had a nice phone consultation with Nina from BookSurge, Amazon's self-publishing company.
I'm feeling good about it.

As of now I need to:
*find a professional content editor that specializes in picture books to give me feedback on the story
*save up the money to do the publishing
*continue researching avenues for publishing and marketing
*wait for the artwork and decide if I have enough skills and tools to do the layout myself or to pay a professional to do it.

I think a time frame of one year will be good for me to save up the money, and have a product I can submit to a printer somewhere and get crackin. Sound possible, Dalyn [the illustrator]?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home