Yellow's Green

The Adventures of Money Blog.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Procrastination is a Killer

Procrastinating getting that budget put together, getting out of debt, or beginning to save with really getcha in the long run.

I keep procrastinating book reviews I mean to do, and then wait to long so I can't do a quality review because I've forgotten the best parts and the details.

Procrastinating reading books I've gotten from the library leads to having to return them unread when someone else wants them and I can't renew them any longer.

I subscribe to several blogs through an RSS feeder at bloglines, and occasionally procrastinate reading entries that look interesting, but I just don't feel like reading at the time. I have a backlog of 35 posts to read.

Ok, so I guess I have to do low quality book reviews, 'cause I at least gotta say something about the books I've read. At the very least, you can look at the side bar... books in the + column are ones I read and liked. Books with a - mean I wouldn't suggest reading them, there are much better books to spend your time one. Ones without a + or - just mean I read them, and don't feel strongly either way.

Ramit at Iwillteachyoutoberich.com loves to post about getting up and DOING something.
Age old advice, always wise.
The War of Art talks about HOW to fight those inner battles that keep you from getting up and DOING something.
Joe's Goals is helping me DO some of the things I want to do. My latest goal: Do as well or better than yesterday. (Joe's Goals gives points for getting your goals done, so it's easy to track "how well" I've done.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home