Yellow's Green

The Adventures of Money Blog.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Frugal Photos

We have a five month old son, and of course, we're very proud parents. This leads naturally to LOTS of photos.

It goes without saying that digi-cams are the way to go. No buying film, no processing any paying for the ones that don't turn out. With Flickr, photo sharing is also easy. We have family spread throughout the country, and my parents are in Germany right now. It would get pretty spendy printing up and sending pics all the time. We HEART Flickr.

But, sometimes you really do want hardcopies. Picture frames need prints. Printing your own is ok, but the cost of ink *really* adds up, and the quality just isn't the same. Many online photo printing places have introductory deals. I got 20 free prints on my first order with both Shutterfly and Snapfish. Shutterfly often sends out emails with great deals, and I'm about to cash in on another round of 20 free prints. This is a good deal.


Tags: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8/18/2006 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gotta love digital! I must snap ten photos for every one I keep. I usually do quite a lot of editing when I post to Flickr and only post the best ones.
    I jsut discovered that I can send files on-line to Sam's (I'll bet Wal-Mart or somewhere else does this too) and pick them up in an hour. As little as 10 cents a print. I can also have them ship them directly to my in-laws who hate touching computers.

     
  • At 8/22/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Costco also does the online upload. It saves you on shipping.

     
  • At 8/23/2006 7:00 AM, Blogger Amberlynn said…

    Yup! Most places have online upload these days. Did you know that it's "all" digital these days? Even if you take a roll of film into a store, and order nothing but hard copies, they still scan it in to process it.

    Locally, Fred Meyer and Walgreen's would be easiest for us to upload and order.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home